Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jack and his imagination

I want to record how wonderful your imagination is now Jack.
Tonight, like many nights before this, you wanted to play "store" with me.

You rounded up all kinds of items: Cd's, DVD's, 2 puzzles, and a lunchbox and circled them around you -"your store".
You always greet me (the customer) so nicely - "hello, come on in!"
You have fair pricing - a dvd was only $3,a puzzle was $2

You also love to play grocery store.. (pronouced by you as "Groshery Whore")
I almost peed my pants the day you took your pretend microphone and "annouced" over your loudspeaker that "Aisle 1 is now closed!"
You get confused between the aisles and the checkout lanes.

When we actually go to our town SuperValu store "Rademachers" you always pay very close attention to what the check out girl does. Now I see why!

Tonight was one of those aha moments when I realized I needed to stop worrying about getting everything done around the house and finish my work I had brought home (since Joey has been sick) and just PLAY with you. It means so much to you and I get sad thinking about the day when you won't want me to play with you (sniff sniff) . I know those days will come and it will make me sad but I know I am trying my best to give you a happy, fun childhood that I can only hope you will look back on fondly.

You will be 3 1/2 next month and I just stop and look at you and cannot believe how fast you are growing. I can see in your profile a glimpse of myself which is a nice change over everyone always saying how much you look like your Daddy.
I know you have some of my fun-loving, goofy personality..I am trying to enrich your life with music and movies and some of the things I enjoyed as a child:
The Muppet Show
Coloring and making cards
Dancing around the room
building houses with blocks

My wish for you, is truly, for you to just be happy no matter what your life may bring you.
I love you so much my son
You will always be my Jackers crackers, pumpkin pies and I will forever be your Non.
xo

No comments: