Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jack can read

In the fall of 2007 I would say you started to be very interested in reading books to us.

The first book you ever read out loud, front to back was

Blue Hat, Green Hat

By Sandra Boynton

A very simple but funy book that makes you laugh.
We checked it out from the local library but this one became special the minute you said
" I want to read it to you mom" and you did..it made my heart melt.

We took it back to the library and I mentioned it was the 1st book you ever read aloud and the librarian, Diane Pinney, came around the checkout desk and proceeded to sit on the floor with you while you read the book to her..it was a priceless moment.

I tried to take you to the library at least once a week this past summer.
It has been tougher to get there in the winter and now that Joey is with us. As he gets older I am sure we will continue our weekly trips -
Reading stories with you every night before bed has become a ritual and one that I hope we can continue for years to come.
Some of your favorite books now are:
Harry the Dirty dog
Party time with Blue ( actually has a clock face on the front..you read it so many times in bed that one of the buttons does not work anymore)
"I spot" books
Let's Go Froggy
anything by Sandra Boynton

Some nights you will finally get into bed and then ask me to read you " one more book"...I cannot say no...I tell you "you can read this one to yourself bud"..and you give me the sad eyes and pouty lip and say "but I cant read the words mom"

I know the list of favorites will continue to grow and I am so proud of how much you have accomplished so far buddy.
love
non
xo

No comments: